We understand that our nation has its challenges and so we are working to ensure that caregivers (Doctors, Nurses, Cleaners and other Health Workers), know the steps to take and little measures they can take by themselves to protect themselves and their loved onces in these trying times..
Below is what we feel is the best self help measure at the moment to secure yourself against the Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19). Be Safe!
We all know that the best measure is a full hazmat suit and gloves but this is very hard to access and so here are a few easy ideas for protective apparel.
1. GLOVES: This should be readily available in the market so please, don't depend on the hospital to provide 1, buy a pack and keep just in case. (But please don't hoard and share with others if stocks run out in the stores).
2. OUTFIT: Please avoid any clothing that is hard to wash or which cannot take bleach, avoid colours and Jeans so that what every you wear can be washed with even a little bleach in the water.
3. SPARE CLOTHING: If the place you are working offers a show, please show and change there, 1st before going home to meet your loved onces. Show again once at home.
1. LEAVING HOME: Prepare the clothes you will wear to sleep ahead of time and hang in the sun for ultraviolet rays before leaving for work.
2. RETURNING HOME: Go straight to the shower and wash yourself clean, then put your old cloth into a bag and take to an isolated area. Put on new clothes and follow the next step.
3. ISOLATION: If possible pick a room in the house and stay alone. Do not share items with your family. If this is not possible please find a way to separate your things and store in a part of the house no one uses, select a chair for yourself in the living room, pick out cups and personal items and isolate within the home. Be strong, it is very temporary.
4. HAVE FAITH: We need you, and without you the nation can be lost to such a small Goliath. Fight for us, some of us really appreciate it and will so gratitude when we meet you.
Below are 2 easy steps you can take to keep you and your family safe in these trying times.
This is Cloves or Kanunfari in Hausa.
It has natural antimicrobial and anti-inflamatory properties that help stabilize the immune system at this tempting time.
1. Take 1 tee spoon or a quantity resembling the quantity above per 1.5 liters of water, EVA bottle.
2. Put in a kettle and bring to a boil.
3. Drink 1 glass, while hot, once a day, to support your system in these trying times.
4. At a different time during the day, do the same with 1 small lemon, sliced in pieces.
5. This is for the Vitamin C and Alkalinity provided by lemon and stream reaction.
6. We cannot decide what Corona Virus 2019, will do but you can decide to listen and take care of your health.
7. Being scared is not a solution, relax and while taking steps to protect yourself, never forget to be human.